How I improve in English

Monday, February 20, 2017

Hi all. As for today's entry, ndakmau di cakap lokek (kedekut) ilmu.. kalau sudi, baca lah. Farrah pun mau pahala juga dari post2 benda di moment ni kan..skali nak bantu kawan-kawan .. kalau sudi lah..  

I find a lot of my friends is having problem with English.
Lets do something about it shall we?





Here are some steps I've practiced and الحَمْد لله helped me to improve my language..

- Watch english movies.

 Understand well. Take note for new words that might bother you to understand its meaning . And listen to how their pronounce each word.
- Listen to English songs. Feel its content. I love old classic English songs because most of the songs during those era have stories, and uses proper English. Try listen to Michael Buble or Elvis Preslay's songs.

- Mobile phone - (Language setting)


 Got your mobile phone everywhere you go right? Set it to english. I find some of you guys uses Bahasa Melayu settings. Try to practice english. Change it to english mode okay?

- Speech. Communicate. Talk.

Talk. Talk english. At first, try talk to yourself in the mirror. Or do as I do, film . Film yourself , talk about some topic like 'how was your day going' with the camera. Interact with it. Once you've got yourself filmed, watch it. I know it felt awkward seeing yourself in the screen talking like an idiot but thats a good start! You'll get yourself self confidence to talk and be able to correct some words where you might having problem to pronounce it well.

- Explore. 

Explore the world through the internet. Theres a lot of sites or apps such as instagram, try to interact  internationally. Talk to strangers from another country. By this, you'll be able to help yourself to interact with people in english and gain new friends at the same time.


- Ego. 

Stop that ego. You might feel kind of offended with people whose making fun of your English or corrects your words.. stop. Don't take it personally, take it as a lesson. Throw away your ego and correct your language. You'll thank them in the future for making your English better. You don't want to embarrassed yourself right?


- READ.

 This is important. Read books. Hate books? Read articles on the net.. simple right? Read something like magazines or read quotes..


- Cartoons

. Watch cartoons on tv? Yeah..I grow up by watching cartoons in English..  but NEVER turn the audio to BAHASA. Just watch it in ENGLISH. Don't understand what they're saying? Just push yourself and try to understand by their actions.. their body language. Certain words are hard to guess but don't forget, the internet is always by your side. Translate the words and keep that in mind.
that are some of my tips on how I improve my English. I admit it , me , myself, and I     not fluent in English but I always wanted to communicate with people with fluent English, and its one of the reason why I'm polishing my language..still.

- Accents. (Loghat - Dialek - Bunyi2 alunan)

I find it fun imitating people's accent on how they speak. How African people talk in English, how Chinese people talk in English, how Pinoy speaks in English.. Don;t you notice how different people speak with different accents?
Just explore as I said earlier. Imitate people. By this, you'll be able to pronounce some word well.
I hope it helps!


- English is my second language. Yes I understand. It is to me too. But try to speak English to your friends in English and ask them to speak in English too. Help each other. Try to communicate in english for an hour or two for a day.



Lots of love -farrah jeiroz/phan jeiroz-

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

LATEST POSTS

Subscribe